Christmas and New Year are times for family, friends, lots of festive foods and drinks! We feel very happy to be on holiday! We all deserve a break, don’t we?
But the only thing (well, part of our body) which may not be as happy as we are and not share our excitement is our good old liver!
Stressed, overworked, and unable to do its job properly. It is common knowledge that the liver is responsible for dealing with alcohol. However, all other functions of the liver are absolutely fundamental to our health and fat levels. Ignoring the vitality of your liver is a sure fire way to end up with poor body composition and one disease or another.
Your liver is a really important organ in your body. It does lots of important stuff like making the hormones and enzymes that make your body work properly. It also gets rid of the rubbish and toxins in your body.
What are some of the most important functions of the liver?
- Making bile and cholesterol which enables you to break down fat and make hormones
- Storing vitamins and minerals
- Balancing hormones (excreting oestrogen, activating thyroid and leaving us lean and happy)
- Controlling glucose and fat supplies (keeping blood sugar and energy levels balanced)
- Phase 1 detoxification – collecting toxic waste (hormones, alcohol, caffeine, medicine and antibiotics).
- Phase 2 detoxification – conjugation (making all your waste bind with something and go to the kidneys for excretion) – taking the bad stuff out.
Normally your liver does a great job of handling all the things it needs to do but sometimes our lifestyle or the toxins in our environment put too much load on our liver so it needs help.
We all eat a richer diet over the festive period (more fat and toxins), drink more alcohol (more toxins and sugar) and do less exercise (meaning less blood is flushed through the liver). Phase one of detoxification will suffer as the liver can only deal with a certain number of jobs. That means phase two (preparation for elimination) also cannot be done efficiently. Toxins have to be stored or excreted and excretion is not working well in Christmas. But if the toxins are not eliminated, they are going to be reabsorbed and that is when you get various health problems.
That’s why we created Easy Detox™. Easy Detox is an integrated methodology based on delicious, all natural, herbal shakes; healthy diet and mind/body practices which help your liver to do its job properly.
So what are the 3 reasons why your liver will be happy with Easy Detox? Find out in part 2 of the article!